Featured Not resolved
Turnaround Time

Update by user Aug 27

The link is for the seller I purchased from on mercari. The item I purchased which was a Louis Vuitton bag has been deleted though.

Update by user Aug 26

CORRECTION! SELLER NAME IS KELLY ORLOWSKI

Original review posted by user Aug 26

I was just scammed by a seller on Mercari.

The scammer is Kelly Kowalski or Kelly's Closet on the Mercari app. I purchased a pre-owned Louis Vuitton bag from her for $465.

Inside the box I received was an LV dustbag and a bag with knives/silverware inside plus some kind of jewelry band from China. I contacted Mercari to let them know and sent the photos I posted with this review They refunded me quickly. However, I noticed Mercari never banned the seller and allowed her to continue selling things. Kelly messaged me on mercari saying I never returned her bag which I told her was not true and that I knew she attempted to con me.

Today Mercari has banned me from the site saying I lied to get a return. They also stated they released funds to the seller. My account was not charged but I'm guessing it will be soon. I have never had anything like this happen but will be fighting this with Paypal now since this is complete fraud.

I purchased other high end items on Mercari without any issue but this has turned into a nightmare for me. I would also like to add that I had 21 other purchases/sales without any issue and the seller did have 8 positive feedbacks which made me feel confident purchasing with her. So I would definitely NOT purchase any high end item from the site. It's too easy to be scammed!!!

Also, the chance that you will be blamed is very high. I will be sticking to Poshmark or Tradesy which is where I have always purchased my bags from in the past without any issues.

Product or Service Mentioned: Mercari Marketplace.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Cannot contact them, Fraud.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Aug 26.

Comments