1.6
Turnaround Time

Update by user Nov 18

I was contacted by "Gina" who is "graciously giving" me $5 in Mercari credits "for (my) trouble". Really---$5, huh?

I'd only end up blowing what little I would be getting for selling something (which was SUPPOSED to be $5.40, but--wait a minute--is REDUCED to $3.40 because my payment is UNDER 10 *** DOLLARS)!!! Ah, but she did tell me that I had to use those "credits" within 30 days!!

So, waste what little money in the account & put money in Mercari's wallet by using the credits for somebody else's junk OR "request" the check for a piddlin' $3.40..... If a class-action lawsuit comes up against these SCAM ARTISTS, I want to be one of the first to sign up for it!!

Original review posted by user Nov 11

This was the first time I ever sold on Mercari. I had an item listed for $10, but was offered $6, which I agreed to. I was asking Mercari where it was that I could get a shipping label (I had the item packed & weighed ready to go), but was told that because the "free shipping" button was clicked, I was responsible for paying my own shipping costs, which turned out to be over $11. So, I've got a $5 loss.

NOW, when I go in to claim my funds, after giving them my banking info because the *** do not go through PayPal or--how about this novel idea---CUT A F*&^%#@ PAPER CHECK---in order to get paid, I'm told that there will be a $2 FEE because my payment is under $10 (OR, I can use the $5.40 that I am ENTITLED TO for buying somebody else's crap)!!!!

On top of that, I couldn't even fit my full legal name (I have 2 last names) in the space for my bank account. I'm told that if my direct deposit is rejected by the bank, that would be a $2 fee as well.

So, when I should be getting $5.40 back, I'm looking at $3.40 or, because I was not able to type in my full name in the space because there is a limit of 20 characters (& my bank may not accept the deposit), possibly only $1.40!!

I have pulled my remaining items & plan to warn EVERYBODY away from Mercari!! They claim to be an excellent way to sell items for free. Then why are we paying fees just to get our money????

Product or Service Mentioned: Mercari Seller Program.

Reason of review: BEING CHARGED TO GET MY PAYOUT FROM SELLING AN ITEM!!!!.

I didn't like: Lack of actual customer service contact email or phone number, Scam artist behavior.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 11.

Comments