Turnaround Time

I sold an item on Mercari. The buyer claimed the item didnt work and raised it with Mercari. Mercari accepted their return, however, the buyer shipped an empty package back to me.

I contacted Mercari within 24 hours as per their policy. Mercari told me I need to file a claim with USPS and there is nothing they can do because 'I wasn't descriptive enough in my support request'. I have presented the evidence to them in a clear cut manor, only to be ignored over and over again.

They take absolutely NO responsibility, despite now charging sellers 10% on all sales, whereas it was free before. I have opened 12 support cases and each time, they close them out with a templated response offering no help at all. Everytime I want to reply, I have to open a support case only for them to close it out again with the same templated response.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor on 7 occasions, only to be ignored. This is absolutely appalling and this CANNOT continue.

I have created a case with the Better Business Bureau and I have kept logs and screenshots of all my contact with Mercari. Looking at these from outside perspective, it's really embarrassing for this business and there is absolutely no way they can continue to act like this without going out of business

Product or Service Mentioned: Mercari Customer Care.

I didn't like: Stole my money, Seller support, No responsibility, Customer service.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Oct 23.

Comments