So I've purchased 2 items on Mercari.One was a Victoria's Secret tote bag and the other a Victoria's Secret hooded sweatshirt.
The hoodie was described as "new with tag". The seller was non-responsive for 4 days after purchase and I actually sent Mercari customer service a message asking to cancel. It was 2 more days before they responded and at that point the seller had shipped. As shown in the attached photo, this hoodie was clearly not new although the tag was attached.
It had stains throughout and was pilled from wash. The paper tag was warped and faded as if the seller washed the hoodie with the tag still attached. I paid $51 for this hoodie. I messaged Mercari customer service to initiate a return.
I got a generic response from them that they are experiencing a high volume of requests and apologize for the delay. 3 more days passed and I was getting harassed by the seller to rate (sellers don't get paid until rated). Mercari also sent me a notification that they were going to rate for me if I didn't do it within the 3 day time span. So, I figured I needed to rate her honestly to warn other buyers before Mercari automatically gave her a positive.
Of course, as soon as I rated her, Mercari responded to my return request that because I rated her the transaction was complete and the return request was denied. How convenient. The second item I purchased was the tote bag. The seller described it as "like new" with "no flaws".
It arrived in absolutely filthy, disgusting condition. Nasty, crusty orange and red stains throughout the inside. The inner lining was coming apart from the bag and looked as if she tried to glue it back into place. The outside of the bag was bubbled and warped.
I contacted the seller and she blamed the post office. She insisted none of these damages were there when she shipped. There was NO WAY this happened in transit. The outside packaging was in perfect condition with no signs of damage.
She even had the bag wrapped up in plastic inside of the package, so how could all of these stains magically appear from nowhere?? I contacted Mercari customer service to initiate the return. Long story short, it went the same way as it did with the hoodie. I had used PayPal to pay the $20 for the tote bag and currently have a case open with them.
Just today, I escalated the case through PayPal.I'm out $51 for the hoodie but hopefully I can get my $20 back for the bag.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "It seems that every single month that I get my invoice from EBAY it is wrong. Not only that but when they credit me back for "Partial Refunds on..."
- "Bought a costume from Light In The Box for my Halloween party. It was delayed and after i complained about it they sent me my order. But when i got..."
- "This JD Byriders company and CNAC is a rip off. I got my car from them August 2016. Went there and see if I get approved. So filled up an..."
- "Over the last three months my head has been left spinning trying to first inquire, then complain and finally to "educate" the people who answer the phone at Express Scripts...."
- "I ordered the free trial and never would believe it made my hair worse!! My hair is falling out!!!! Scream! I pleaded with them for help!! My doctor said it..."
- "So. Md Kitchen and Bath, located in California, MD, messed up my bathrooms in my house. The first job was to remodel the hall bath. They demo'd it, and that's..."
- "I ordered a dresser in the beginning of December. I picked the middle of the line pricing. So it shipped out December 16th. So by January 19th I decided to..."
- "Purchased this chair and after having it only one year, the arms started peeling. The material is separating from the backing. It seems as if the material is rotten or..."